Mens Capita Outerspace Living Snowboard
- Snowboard Type: All mountain destroyer. This high-performance board give to the best of a park, powder and all-mountain.
- Rider Level: This board is best suited to an intermediate to advanced rider.
- Profile: Camber throughout the body with a slight rocker in the nose and a flat tail.
- Shape: True twin shape with twin flex.
- Flexibility: Soft to medium flex with a rating of 5 out of 10.
- Board Construction:
- Core: FSC certified dual core, this is a consistent core which gives the core a consistent feel. Lightweight poplar keeps the core poppy, whilst added beach increases power.
- 4 x 20mm hardened aluminium channels in the core act as reinforcement without adding weight.
- Fibreglass: Bi-Ax/ Bi-Ax fibreglass at the top and bottom. Embedded with Eco-friendly plant-based magic bean resin.
- Base: Superdrive Ex base, this is a sintered base for increased glide and durability.
- Sublimation technique on the base impregnates the ink into the base to create a more vibrate colour.
The Outerspace Living board is a playful board which is packed with pop. It’s an all mountain board which is fun to use in the park. This board has a soft to medium flex which handles butters and presses with ease. A more flexible board is great if you enjoy jibbing around or just prefer a looser surf-like feel. The profile on the Outerspace suits but all-mountain and park riding, it’s a traditional camber profile lifts between the bindings and lays flat when compresses. This design gives you better edge hold and quicker edge to edge transfer. The camber works well on a park board because it adds pop and a playful feel, on the slopes, it increases stability. Rocker at either end of the board gives the Outerspace extra lift in the powder so you can glide over the top rather than sinking. The true twin shape and flex of the board make it symmetrical; this allows you to ride regular or switch and the board will still respond in the same way. Great for rotations in the parks, spins and jibbing.
The Outerspace core uses FSC certified wood, using an even and consistent blend of Poplar and Beach. The Poplar strands keep the core lightweight yet poppy, whilst the added beach helps to drive power through the board and increase durability. 4 Titanal struts run through the board, 2 beneath each binding which runs towards the tips. These thick structs give the board extra reinforcement, these are going to be beneficial in the park for landings. To keep the board flexible the fibreglass used is Bia-Ax, this adds strength to the board without reducing torsional twist. Go from park to piste to powder, the Outerspace has the Capita Superdrive base which is sintered. Making it super-fast and super hardwearing.
Capita boards are manufactured in the Mothership, this factory is eco-friendly and has previously won the Energy Globe Award. The Mothership factory produces boards more efficiently and with a sustainable process. This factory is 100% hydro-powered.
- Topsheet: Silkscreen with a PAM16000 topsheet plus a metallic underlay.
- PLT bonded topsheet which is more environmentally friendly as no glue or heat is used.
- Edges: 360° steel edges.